Greetings Students and Parents!
Our Fall Student Concert is quickly approaching. Here’s what you need to know!
- The concert is Saturday, November 12th at 2:00pm. It will be held at New Community Spokane. The address is 1003 E. Trent Ave. It’s in the same building as NoLi Brewery, behind the Cash and Carry on the corner of Trent and Hamilton.
- There will be a $30 concert fee per student payable to LEARN TO BURN (not your instructor!). This fee covers the cost of the building, the equipment we use, the time that teachers put into the whole process, and various other expenses. Please talk to your instructor if you cannot afford the concert fee.
- Rehearsals will be held October 29th and November 5th at Learn to Burn in the rehearsal room downstairs. We are still putting together the rehearsal schedule, and will have it to you ASAP. You are only required to come to your songs’ practice times. Please arrive early so we can keep rehearsal moving smoothly. Bring your instruments, tuners, lyric/ chord sheets, water, pencils, ear plugs, and anything else that might be useful. We will have mics, amps, drums, and cords. If you have gear to set up, you need to arrive with enough time to do so before your song starts. If you are a singer, you need to arrive either warmed up or with enough time to warm up in Noree’s studio upstairs.
- Rehearsals are essential to your success as a performer and we ask that you prioritize this time over everything else on your calendar if at all possible, especially since we are only holding two rehearsals. Please understand that we are juggling many families’ schedules and that your absence affects many more people than yourself. Please let us know ASAP if you have any conflicts we need to work around, and speak to your instructor if you cannot be present.
- Parents are not allowed in the rehearsal room at all, even to take pictures or videos of their students during rehearsals. We want the students to be able to focus on rehearsal without feeling the pressure of performance or being distracted by parents’ cameras and comments. Space and rehearsal time are both very limited so we encourage parents to listen from the downstairs lobby.
- There is a mandatory sound check and dress rehearsal at 11:00am for all students on concert day. This is a closed rehearsal. No parents, cousins, friends, or other spectators will be allowed. Please drop your students off with a sack lunch. If your child has special needs or is very young, please talk to your instructor about staying with them through dress rehearsal.
- We also need help on rehearsal and concert days with everything from setup and cleanup to making coffee and bringing finger food. In the past we have had some imbalance between food and help with jobs, so there will be a sign-up sheet upstairs at Learn to Burn this week and next. If everyone signs up either for a job or for bringing something to a rehearsal or to the concert things should go smoothly!
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Thank you so much everyone!